Pusit Alapobre

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

As mentioned on my previous post I'll be discussing a little bit about food, since my template is now food related and I'm beginning to like cooking, I've decided to post something new.

For the past two to three months I've been trying several dishes that we rarely prepare or have never been prepared here at home. These dishes, the recipe and procedure all came from Youtube, my new best friend.

Today, since there's half kilo of squid in the freezer and I'm now starting to like seafood, I decided to search Youtube for a new dish instead of the usual Adobo my father in law prepares.

There, I found Foodtrip28's video about Pusit Alapobre, easy to prepare, not much ingredients and healthy (except for the butter part). My first attempt (today) was good, in fact, my husband liked it a lot, though I wasn't too happy because it's a little salty, probably because of the ink (?), I'm not sure about that though, but I'll find out on my next attempt on the dish, hopefully this Saturday.

Below are the ingredients as mentioned in the video:

4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 whole white onion (chopped)
2-3 tablespoon of soysauce
1/2 kilo squid (cleaned and sliced)
butter
oil (canola or other local oil)

Optional ingredients that you may opt to add:
chili sauce (for spice)
quail eggs

The video for procedures:



I hope you could try this recipe as well and enjoy as much as my husband did. Thanks to Foodtrip28 for the tutorial!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hapi new year joan!
food blog na bigla ang site mo. :)

Jeck said...

Super daming topics kasi.
Ayoko namang magcreate ng bagong blog, so ito, all in one na sya. Happy New Year, do you need extra income? Are you familiar with what I do? If you like I can refer you to a site that offers part time/full time online jobs.

Daily Rants of a Work from Home Wifey Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino