Star City '10

Sunday, January 3, 2010

It has been a yearly event for me and Jeff to enjoy the rides of Star City, it was unplanned when exactly we'll visit but due to a canceled birthday party (surprise) for Mark we had to go somewhere, so we decided to head straight to Star City. It was still early in the afternoon, around 3 when we arrived, but the theme park is already full of people and the carpark's fully loaded. We're having second thoughts if we'll still go inside but we thought of giving it a go.

We purchased 2 ride-all-you-can with Snow World entrance for P375 each. We're so excited to to see and experience the same rides we loved before but to our disappointment some of the rides were either not functioning or opened kinda late.

The Magic Carpet ride that always comes first in our itenerary is not working, we waited till around 7PM and it didn't open at all. My all time favorite ride, Surf Dance only opened after 6PM, when I saw it, the line was looooong, I didn't have the time to wait in line. The Zyklon Loop was not working too, too bad it's Jeff's favorite.

The only time I enjoyed Star City that day was when we went in to Snow World, it was still freezing cold of course but before you can get in you need to wait at least 30 minutes to get in and wait in the loooong line. It was all worth it though. They had changed most of the ice sculpture displays, more pleasing now than before, they also created a cabin type of display where you or your group could get your photos taken by Star City staff with a fee of P100 per picture which you can get after an hour.

Jeff decided to get in Gabi ng Lagim because we already ran out of choices. I decided to stay behind for some obvious reasons, I don't enjoy being scared. He also went for a quick foot spa courtesy of Dr. Fish, P80 for 20 minutes, the fishes will enjoy munching your dead skin cells, that I can't take so I just waited for Jeff on the line to Snow World.

I had the chance to go through the different target shooting range, 3 tokens (P13 each) will give you 5 bullets (not real). If you manage to shoot all 5 targets, you're entitled to receive a small toy, got myself 3 small toys after several attempts, unfortunately, I didn't get the perfect score, I'm 4 points away from getting the large toy, but it was fun. Jeff enjoyed tic tac toe and got him 2 small toys, he nearly got me a huge one but failed to throw the last ball to the right hole, tsk tsk.

I've noticed that Star City made some adjustments on the rides they offer, they now have Laser Blaster, for additional P100 you get to feel how to be a jedi, I didn't try it though, again because it was full of people eager to try it out.

The food we're the most enjoying part of Star City, a bit pricey but if you're there disappointed about the rides you have no choice but to enjoy their food. I love the noodles, I forgot the name of the stall, we also purchased a giga fries from Potato Corner, a huge tub of fries for P149.

All in all, it was still a fun experience, though I must say that paying more than what I only got is a rip off. I would suggest you go there on weekdays after holidays to avoid looong lines on the rides you like. Fow now, just enjoy some of the pics we took.




0 comments:

Daily Rants of a Work from Home Wifey Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino