Cebu-Bantayan Trip Feb 2011

Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's our second anniversary last Feb 7 and we were originally planning for a more simple celebration. We were thinking of just taking a day off from our work from tasks and eat dinner somewhere or stay overnight at a hotel in Ortigas. Just so we could breathe from our daily routine, we wanted somewhere out of comfort zone.

To put the long story short, Bing's(Jeff's college best friend) wife, offered the hotel she's working for, I believe it's called BE Resort in Cebu. She said she'll cover all the expenses at the hotel except for the food. So we immediately booked our flights for Cebu that day. Until the later part of January we were told that we will have to shoulder the tax which ballooned to 4,000 ++ pesos. I was super pissed that she didn't tell this before we booked our flight. How come a not so expensive resort charge us 4,000++ pesos for tax just for a 3 days/2 nights stay? Taxes should just be around max of 20% the actual price but when I checked their agents, the actual fee a night was just 4,200 pesos. That created a huge rift between Jeff and Bing but still, we went to Cebu just to enjoy.

Since I've been hearing a lot of good reviews from Bantayan, I decided that we should go there. We stayed at Kota Beach. It has the most number of recommendations in girltalk. Mind you, I've never been outside Luzon, and with this travel, I experienced everything. I rode a plane, rode a roro and my first time to see a sand bar. Such a beauty. I personally liked the travel more of the site. There were many picturesque sites in Cebu and Bantayan that were yet to be revealed. If I'd have the chance to go back, I'm pretty sure I'll get thousands of great pics of them.

























0 comments:

Daily Rants of a Work from Home Wifey Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino