Pedring - September 27, 2011

Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's our second month here in Valenzuela City and it's been two months since we moved out of Marilao, Bulacan. Last September 26, 2011, exactly two years after we were hit with Ondoy, we were silently praying that the same incident won't happen again.

Unfortunately, a day after the 26th, a new typhoon came and ravaged the northern part of Luzon. Metro Manila was just under signal number 2 but was completely drenched and most part of it was under water until today. Luckily, our house is elevated unlike the other houses in the whole street. We just lost power and communication lines were down for a day but everything was back to normal after the typhoon.

I had to deliver some items to my customers on the 28th so I had to go out. When I came to Dalandanan, water seems to be everywhere. No jeeps nor regular cars that can pass through the main road. Only buses and huge trucks was able to go through the deep water. I had to literally walk and ride a bus. I was able to arrive in SM Karuhatan in one piece but I noticed that their windows were completely damaged too, they said it's because of the strong winds.

After I delivered the items I immediately went home and had to go through the same ordeal with the flood. I managed to take a few pictures though I nearly dropped my cellphone in the process.

 mom's signage
 neighbor's signage
 my sister and I goofing around
 neighbor's houses - flooded
 neighbor's houses - flooded
 neighbor's houses - flooded
 neighbor's houses - flooded
 neighbor's houses - flooded
 Dalandanan - flooded
 Dalandanan - flooded
 Dalandanan - flooded
Dalandanan - flooded

0 comments:

Daily Rants of a Work from Home Wifey Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino